Monday, April 2, 2012

Changes and personal stuff

Hey all-
I haven't updated in a while and that's for a variety of reasons.

I'm still hanging right around 195, and even though I have another 40 pounds or so that I want to lose, I have a lot of other things on my mind right now, so losing weight has taken a bit of a back seat. The important thing is that I'm maintaining, I'm still eating healthy, and I'm still making time to work out, albeit not as much as I would like to.

The main reason for this change is that in about a month, I'll be finishing grad school in Maryland, and moving to Brooklyn. I'm both absolutely terrified and absolutely excited.This is going to be a HUGE change for me, and one I think will be beneficial for so many reasons. My dad grew up in Queens, my brother was born in Queens, and my grandfather has lived in Manhattan for a very long time. My heart has always been in New York, and I know this is something I need to do. I also need to be around people I care about and who care about me. The hardest thing I've encountered while living in the DC area is a lack of a support system. I've made a lot of acquaintances here, but not many genuine friends-and I've realized that's just the way this area is...most people are only here for a temporary time, and aren't interested in making deep, long-lasting connections to people. And that's fine, it's just not for me. I'm moving in with one of my closest friends when I move to New York, and I couldn't be happier.

So these are the changes that are happening. Once I've settled down in New York, I expect my weight loss journey to continue. My future roommate and I are going to be doing P90X together; I'm going to continue running; and I'll be cooking for my roommates and myself. I'm really really excited about all these changes that are happening, and I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

Thanks again for reading!

<3
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment