Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 134: Weigh-In

Weigh-in: 210.8
BMI: 31.94
Weight loss this week: 0.4 lbs.
Weight loss since starting this blog: 38.2 lbs.
Weight loss since my highest point: 49.2 lbs.

Didn't make it to the 50 pound mark this week, but I'm hoping it will come next week. I haven't had a lot of food at home since moving, so I've been eating out a lot which is why my weight has kind of stalled. I bought a lot of groceries late this week, so I'm hoping that will help out again.
I've also been really unmotivated lately. I have a hard time, especially after getting home from work, motivating myself to work out. I think there's a few reasons for this.
1) When I get home from work, I'm exhausted, and really just want to relax.
2) I really don't like running in Charlottesville because all the other people I see running here are super fit and I feel really really uncomfortable around them.
3) I really feel I'm just burnt out on losing weight right now.

I'm not saying I'm giving up.  I'm just struggling to find intrinsic motivation right now.

Do you all have any tips for pushing through?

-K

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Plateau! I was there for a long time, right around 50 lbs, too. It was hard form me when the loss slowed down. This is a good time to re-evaluate your goals and efforts. Are you still tracking everything you eat? Are you being honest with yourself about calories and portions? What is your ultimate goal? How important is that goal? Try new work outs, try new meals, change it up a little bit. I decided I needed to "take a break" last october and I regret it. Keep on keepin on and expect your body to slow down for a while. You just lost 50 lbs. That is a kindergartener! Praise yourself for all the victories you have had and then look forward to what will come. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not tracking everything, which is partially due to the fact I was eating out a lot and that I'm just really burnt out. I'm less concerned about the fact I'm slowing down, because I know why it's happening, and more about the fact I can't motivate myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since buying groceries on Wednesday and cooking at home again, I've been better about counting calories again though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a friend of Beth's and she sent me the link here as I'm going through a transition to!!! My names Caitlin (;D) and I feel you on this! Tho-my journeys a bit different. I started at 250, I'm now down to 200. Ish. I have t weighed myself in awhile. But now that I've quit smoking, I want to exercise now and I feel you on being around fit people and being uncomfortable. I just signed up for the gym...it's so intimidating! Lol. Especially when I'm huffing and puffin and my calves are on FIRE after 10 minutes lol. But yes I'm burnt out after work too. I just know that feeling awesome after my workout is what I'm looking for. I set myself up with weekly goals and if met, I treat myself. Whether its to a gym free day on the couch with my cats or water ice or a mani/pedi or new workouts pants, whatever. It sounds childish, but if I don't do it. No one else will since I'm doing this for me. I'd love to talk more! Look for me on Facebook! Caitlin walker. It is great to connect with people doing the same thing on different levels so u can see where you e been or if they're ahead then like where you'll be and whatever;) how did you feel when u first started? How did you push through all of that.

    ReplyDelete