Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 120: Weigh-in

Weigh-in: 213.2 lbs.
BMI: 32.31
Weight loss for 2 weeks: 2 lbs.
Weight loss since starting this blog: 35.8 lbs.
Weight loss since my highest point: 46.8 lbs.

First, let me say, sorry there was no weigh-in last week. I've been moving over the past two weeks, plus I started my first full time job, and it's hard to find time for everything. Though I have lost 2 lbs. over the past two weeks, I know I haven't been staying on track very well-I haven't had a lot of time to exercise, I've been eating out a lot, drinking a lot of alcohol, and not monitoring my calories. I think the main saving grace has been that I've been burning calories while moving.

Really quick, personal story (skip over if you'd like): However, I had a reminder this week about how far I still have to go. One of the many many many reasons I decided to finally start this journey was because I was sick of attracting the same type of guy-the chubby chasers-who deemed me good enough to mess around with, but never to date. It was infuriating, and I was just done with it. During this journey, I've been gaining a lot more self confidence, but still was very unsure about dating anyone until I'm comfortable with myself. This week I went on my first date since starting this journey with a guy who was very very cute-I had no idea why he was interested, but being slightly more confident about myself, I was hoping it wasn't the same schtick. Over the course of the date, this topic came up and the words out of his mouth were, "I just have a thing for curvy girls." *boom* End of conversation. Now, I know everyone is attracted to different body types, personality characteristics, etc. but in my experience, when a guy leads with, "I have a thing for curvy girls," it tends to end disastrously. And frankly, it's the same thing I've always been sick of-being defined by my size rather than who I am. On the bright side, this was a nice reminder of why I've chosen to be single, and part of why I'm on this journey. (end personal story)

In other news, I ran my first 5K last Saturday!!!! My main goal was to finish in under an hour, and I suspected my time was around 45 minutes-and my final time was 44:03! I know it's not the fastest, but considering not long ago the thought of running at all made me cower in fear, I'm really proud of how far I've come.

I think that's all for now. The past 2 days I've been good about counting calories again, and I need to set up a time to exercise in my schedule: getting those back on track are my main goals for this week.

-K

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your first 5k!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first 5k! And great weigh-in for a stressful time!!! Also, I love the term "chubby-chasers. I've never heard it, so it's great to put to words the type of men that have been attracted to me too ha. But I think your weeks were successful!! :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete