Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 64

Weigh-in: 226.0
BMI: 34.4
Weight-loss this week: 2.9 lbs.
Weight loss since starting this blog: 23.0 lbs.
Total weight loss since my highest point: 34.0 lbs.

And we're back! I ran a lot this week which I think really helped. As you all know, I haven't been keeping up with posting my calories, which is, after all, why I started this blog. I've been keeping track, but since I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks, I'm just going to start again keeping track on here again as well as through my livestrong app.

I've also signed up to RUN in my first 5K on June 4th. I'm running in the Washington, DC Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. This cause is very dear to me as my aunt is a breast cancer survivor, and I can't think of a better cause to run for. I'm running with a team of other future librarians and archivists, so it should be good. If you would like, I do have a fundraising page you can check out, and donate if you can. You can go to http://globalrace.info-komen.org/site/TR/GlobalRaceForTheCure/GlobalRace?fr_id=2024&pg=pfind and look up "Katelyn Attanasio" and you'll be taken to my donation page. My goal is to raise $125 by race day. The last time I participated in Race for the Cure was in 2004, and was the last time I was anywhere close to my goal weight, and even then, I walked the 5K, and was far from in shape. I found a picture of it recently, and thought I'd share it here.



I've also been working out with this iPhone app called Nexercise. Basically you just have your phone on you while exercising, and you earn points for working out, which translates into healthy rewards such as coupons at healthy restaurants, coupons for exercise equipment, etc. While rewards are currently only for University of Maryland students, anyone can download the app and is entered into drawings for iTunes and Amazon gift cards, as well as a grand prize of an iPad 2! I actually met up with the CEO and one of the creators of the app, as they wanted to interview me for the local news as I'm their current best user! Let me tell you, it's more than a little intimidating to find out when I show up for the interview that I'm going to be interviewed WHILE working out, for all of the Washington, DC metro area to see-and then to find out the segment will air doing sweeps week. It was a lot of fun though, and I'm posting a pic of us before the interview below.

That's me on the elliptical (wearing jeans because they didn't tell me I was going to be working out), CEO Ben Young, and the girl from the news station (whose name is escaping me at the moment). When the segment airs, I'll be sure to post it here.

And now onto pics from this week:




Breakfast:
TLC Fruit and Nut Bar: 120 calories
Pria Mint Chocolate Cookie Bar: 110 calories

Morning Snack:
Veggie chips: 260 calories

Lunch:
Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde: 327 calories
1/2 c. refried beans: 140 calories

Afternoon Snack:
1 c. Be Well Berry Cereal: 110 calories
1/2 c. skim milk: 40 calories

Dinner:
Chicken fajita salad: 285 calories

Total calories for the day: 1,392

1 comment: