Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 57

Weigh-in: 228.9
BMI: 34.8
Weight loss this week: -0.9 lbs.
Weight loss since starting this blog: 20.1 lbs.
Total weight loss since my highest point: 31.1 lbs.



It's been a tough week, and I can't say I'm surprised to see I gained weight this week. The unhealthy eating habits from last weekend's wedding carried through the week, plus I didn't get to work out nearly as much as I should have. I made a lot of excuses this week, and I'm just feeling "off." The best I can do is work to get myself back on track, and to remind myself why I'm doing this. Today I'm going to sit down and write out the reasons why I want to do this, and I'm hoping it will motivate me to get back on the wagon.


-K


(P.S. I'll post calorie counts for the week a little later)





5 comments:

  1. I don't know if this is the kind of blog where I'm allowed to leave comments, but here:

    I'm not going to tell you that seeing a slight shift like this doesn't matter (it can have a huge psychological impact), but if you're only doing weekly weigh-ins, this is to be expected. When I was trying to gain weight a few years ago--not for anything aesthetic or recreational, but because I had been really sick and lost a lot of weight and being so thin made me tired all the time--sometimes I felt really terrible when I saw I only gained a half a pound, or lost weight over a week. Often it's just the time of the day, or whether you've pooped/peed (if there's still stuff inside of you, that's going to show up on the scale), the amount of salt you consumed (water absorption), or just how you're standing on the scale. What matters, obviously, is the long-term impact of what you're doing.

    All that to say: Keep working hard and stay optimistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Achilles. And yes, you're always welcome to leave comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Achilles is right... it's the long-term goal that really matters. You're doing positive things for yourself. We all have moments when things don't go as planned. The thing that matters is, keep the positive attitude, keep looking at the long-term goal and hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. Ever since I've gained my extra 30lbs the scale fluctuates from 157 to 160 and even 165 at one point! I usually weigh myself right after I gone to the bathroom, pee or poop which ever. One reason the scale is right there, and then just as Achilles said it depends on the time of day. I've heard the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning after you wake up. Your body is fully rested and should be at its true weight, same with height. You actually appear taller in the AM because your body is all stretched out...so don't be down on yourself! You're still taking action in your bodies appearance and health and you'll see better results in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep on keepin' on, I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete