Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 45

So, another cake mysteriously appeared in our house on day 44. I, again, had a small slice after trying to resist. A lot of times it's really difficult living with other people when I'm trying to eat healthy. They're all supportive of what I'm doing, but it's always hard when the temptations are there. This is one of the many reasons I'm looking forward to living on my own. If those temptations are less readily available, I'll be less inclined to give in.

On another note, I've been conscious about getting my water intake up. I've stopped drinking soda completely, as it's just unnecessary sodium, and replaced all my beverages with water. I've also decided I want to try giving up alcohol soon (unnecessary calories), and processed foods due to the excess amounts of sodium, preservatives and other unhealthy things. Luckily I avoid a lot of unhealthy foods due to my MSG allergy, but there's still other things I can be doing. However, these are things I'm going to implement a little further down the road. I'm trying not to do all things at once so that I can ease into them. I've also been thinking a lot about going completely organic, especially when it comes to eating meat. Back in high school, I was a vegetarian for about a year, but found it hard to maintain a healthy diet while being a vegetarian. However, I've always had a problem with the treatment of animals who are mass produced in order to be consumed, not to mention the hormones being injected to the meats we're consuming. Though free range chicken and beef are more expensive, because I'm eating so much less, I'm really considering going that direction. In her podcast, Jillian Michaels suggests checking out http://www.eatwild.com/  to find farms near you that support grass fed meat and dairy. This is really a win-win because you're eating healthier, and you're supporting local farmers. Check it out.

Breakfast
Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt (110 calories)

Lunch
Lean Cuisine Ginger Garlic Stir Fry with Chicken (280 calories)

Dinner
Chicken parmesan (700 calories)

Evening snack
1 c. Be Well Berry cereal (110 calories)
1/2 c. skim milk (40 calories)

Midnight snack
2 slices Healthnut bread (240 calories)
2 Tbsp. Trader Joe's White Bean and Basil Hummus

Total calories for the day: 1,510

No comments:

Post a Comment