Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 37

Yesterday, my roommate brought home my BIGGEST temptation food-cake. I LOVE cake, especially with vanilla frosting. I tried resisting for a couple hours, but every time I walked into the kitchen, I swear I could SMELL the cake. I ended up cutting myself a very small slice and eating it, and realized the small slice was plenty. I think this was especially good preparation as I'm going to a wedding at the end of this month, and there will surely be cake. As long as it's not an everyday thing, and I'm not overindulging when I do have it, I think I'll be fine.

Breakfast
1 c. Special K with Red Berries (110 calories)
1/2 c. skim milk (40 calories)

Lunch
1.5 c. Whole Wheat Rotini (360 calories)
1 Tbsp. light mayo (50 calories)
1 can tuna (100 calories)
1 c. onions (16 calories)
1 Tbsp. dill seed (5 calories)

Dinner
Chicken stuffed with Spinach, Feta and Pine Nuts (297 calories)
Salad (10 calories)
Carb Smart Ice Cream Bar (160 calories)

Evening Snack
1 slice Healthnut bread (120 calories)
2 oz. turkey breast (45 calories)
1 slice swiss cheese (110 calories)
1 c. Light and Fit Yogurt (110 calories)
3/8 c. Trader Joe's Lowfat Granola (52 calories)

Exercise
Walking-20 minutes (-204 calories)
Running-10 minutes (-371 calories)

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya- I went to my buddy's b-day party, where there was a beautiful cake, mousse, and cupcakes. I split a mousse with Jon, and it was my main diet splurge. I think you're doing great, can't wait for the next weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got the right attitude... yes, you need to lose weight, but you also need to live. Don't completely deny yourself the things that you love, just learn to control them. Allow yourself a small slice. If you're like me, all you really want is a little taste of it anyway. I'm that way with some ice cream... Haagen Daas Chocolate Peanut Butter. I keep a pint of it in my freezer. However, I don't sit down and eat it. I take a spoonful, maybe two and I'm done... moving on.

    You're doing a great job and your pictures are starting to show it. Keep going!!!!

    P.S. My personal journey has led me to lose 17.6 lbs... it has taken me a little longer. I started in mid-January, but I'm still down... NOT UP!

    ReplyDelete