Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 34

Sorry I've been behind on posting so far. There's been a lot going on with school and such, but I've still been able to find time to exercise and make sure I track everything I'm eating.

I've been really stepping it up on exercise, increasing all my exercises from 20 to 50 repetitions. I'm hoping to add my ankle weights in soon as well.

Today was also the first time I got out and ran...for 2 miles! I'm trying to work my way up to doing the 5K Race for the Cure in Washington, DC on June 4th. It's going to be hard, but I'm going to keep at it. I'm trying to follow the Couch-to-5K Running Plan. It's designed for people who haven't been very active in the past to work their way up to running a 5K in 2 months. I'm really excited about it.

I've also been watching The Biggest Loser while working out. It's really motivating me to keep pushing harder and to stick with this, because I really believe I can do it if I just stick with it.

On another note, I can now see my toes when I look down, and my clothes are getting baggy!

I went through a bit of a funk last week, and was really tempted to revert back to old habits-drinking, eating crappy foods. Instead, I went and played laser tag for 45 minutes, and it was the best idea ever! I had a LOT of fun, was sweating like crazy because I was MOVING, and ended up on a great endorphin high. This was a really great breakthrough for me because I took negative energy and refocused it, and I felt GREAT.

I'm excited for the weigh-in this week, and have decided to be happy with whatever I lose, because I know this is something I'm in for the long-term, and I'm committed to continue working to meet my goals.

-Katelyn

Breakfast:
Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt (80 calories)

Morning Snack:
Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt (80 calories)

Lunch:
1.5 c. Organic Whole Wheat Pasta (360 calories)
Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan sauce (70 calories)
1 Tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese (21 calories)

Exercise:
Running, 2 miles (20 minutes)
Walking, 1 mile (20 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment