Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 32

A rant reproduced from a Facebook note I wrote:



As many know, a little over a month ago, I decided to make some big changes in my life by changing the way I eat and exercise. While the goal initially may have been to lose weight and be healthier, I'm realizing now that it's about something much bigger.

Anyone who knows me well knows I've been through a lot, and I often use the things I've been through as an excuse for various things: for being bitchy, for being unhealthy, for having low self esteem. And though these things may have been initial causes, I'm the one who's chosen to continue feeling victimized by them.

And I'm done. 

This is MY life. No one else's, and NO ONE controls how I live it except for me. This journey I began to get healthy is more about taking control of my life, to stop making excuses for myself and take responsibility for MY life.

I have wasted so much time and energy bitching about things in my life that I can't change, and ignoring the things I can. But taking control of my life this past month and a half by eating healthier and exercising? I feel more empowered than I ever have in my entire life, and I just want to keep going.

Which brings me to why I'm writing this.

It's SO EASY to get sucked into constantly playing the victim. Especially if you've had a lot of misfortune in your life. But ultimately YOU are the one who chooses your next move. If you're sick of being overweight-DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Don't keep eating terrible foods, refusing to exercise, and making no real changes. I have used every excuse in the book to not lose weight-no time, no money, too busy, I'm just "born this way." And it's bullshit. I got this way because I chose to by not being active, and not making it a priority. I'm not saying it's easy to change-in fact, far from it. IT'S HARD but it's possible as long as you're committed to making a real difference in your life and WORK at it. I'm not just talking about weight loss either. I sincerely believe in the strength of the human spirit, and that anyone can accomplish anything. And those days when it's hard? There are still people to support you. But I can tell you, people are much more apt to cheering you on and helping you through the tough days when you're being proactive and taking real steps to change.

So stop bitching. Take responsibility. Do something.



Breakfast:
1 c. Be Well Berry (110 calories)
1/2 c. 2% milk (65 calories)


Lunch:
Grilled Salmon Filet (367 calories)
Brown rice (75 calories)
Broccoli (31 calories)



Snack: 
Smoothie King Mangofest Smoothie (285 calories)


Dinner:
Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus and Pesto (355 calories)


Evening snack:
1 c. Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt (110 calories)
1/8 c. Trader Joe's lowfat granola (37.5 calories)


Total calories for the day: 1,444 


Exercise: 

50 bicep curls

50 tricep extensions

50 behind-the-head weight lifts

50 forward arm circles

50 backward arm circles

60 second arm hold

5 reps holding ab exercises

No comments:

Post a Comment