Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 18

Goals

One of the major things I've been working toward with this whole thing is an overarching goal of being healthier and feeling better about myself. But I have been setting secondary goals for myself as well.

According to my BMI, it claims my "healthy" weight is between 125 and 164. The best I've ever felt was when I was between 150-160, and this is where I'm ultimately aiming. At my highest weight I weighed 257. As of last Saturday, I'm down to 239.7. Though I've made some strides, I still have a long way to go, and I know it's not going to happen overnight.

This is another ultimate goal, but I'm also setting smaller goals along the way.
1) To be below 220 by my birthday, May 6th.
2) To be comfortable in a bathing suit this summer
3) To do a 5k by the end of the summer
4) To be toned enough to be Poison Ivy for Halloween
5) Try out for the DC Rollergirls within the next year

The biggest difference so far between this and other times I've tried to lose weight is that I'm combining both diet and exercise because I not only want to lose weight but I want to be TONED. It's still something I'm having a hard time adjusting to, and my body is sore a LOT, but I feel GOOD when I do it (gotta love those endorphins). One big aspect to getting motivated to work out is having good music. SO faithful readers, I have a request of you. Tell me some of your favorite workout songs, albums, etc. (or if you're feeling extra awesome, you can always make me a mix CD!). I'm always up for learning about new music. Don't worry about what I might like, I want to know what you like.

That's it for now.

-Katelyn



Breakfast
1 1/2 slices quiche (228 calories)

Lunch
Brown Butter Gnocchi with Spinach and Pinenuts (289 calories)
1 c. red grapes (104 calories)
1 pack Teddy Grahams (120 calories)

Afternoon Snack
20 oz. Smoothie King Mangofest Smoothie (285 calories)

Dinner
Pasta with Prosciutto and Spinach (438 calories)
Sugar Free Ice Cream Bar (160 calories)

Calories for the day: 1,601

1 comment:

  1. Ok, don't laugh. I like to listen to ghetto shit to pump me up. I looove Pitbull and Daddy Yankee when I'm trying to keep moving. It's fun because all that beat goin' on, yo!

    ReplyDelete