Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 4

Had my first encounter with dining out last night and it was definitely an eye-opening experience reading the calorie content of things on a menu and using that as a means of deciding. I also made sure when I received my meal to set half aside, and it made a tremendous difference! I wasn't too full, AND I had lunch for today.

Probably won't get a chance to exercise today (I have classes until late tonight and then homework) but I think taking a break for one day will be alright, as long as I make sure to get at it again tomorrow. Didn't think I would make it to the gym, but I got off work early, so I was able to go to the campus rec center at Shady Grove before class. I really like it there-it's small, so there's not a lot of people and it's quiet. Did weights for the first time in a LONG time and MAN can I tell it's been a while, but I'm glad I'm doing both strength training and cardio (now if I could only motivate myself to do sit-ups/crunches). I'm thinking of throwing some yoga into the mix (I have a couple of DVDs) until I build up my abs enough to do sit-ups.

Skipping fast food is harder on days I have class. I caved and had Chipotle tonight. I got a burrito bowl without rice or cheese, but I still feel *blah*. I'm thinking I'm going to have to pack an extra snack with my lunch on Tuesdays to eat before class to tide me over until I can get home to cook.

That's all for now. Thanks for sticking with me on my rants about food and exercise! Having a public outlet and people cheering for me is REALLY awesome and I appreciate it more than you all know! Weigh-in on Saturday!

Breakfast:
1 piece Crustless Quiche (152 calories)

Lunch: (Leftovers from TGI Friday's)
Jack Daniel's Chicken (250 calories)
Mashed potatoes (110 calories)
Vegetable medley (80 calories)


Dinner: 
Chipotle Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl w/o Rice (530 calories)
1 can tuna (100 calories)
1 Tbs. light mayo (50 calories)
1 stalk celery (10 calories)
1 slice onion (15 calories)


Snack
1 Thin Mints (160 calories)


Total calories for the day: 1,457


Exercise:
Stationary bike-30 minutes (-140 calories)
Arm curls: 5 reps of 10 with 30 lbs.
Tricep extensions: 2 reps of 15 with 20 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment