Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 3

Still holding strong. It's been a lot easier thinking of this as a lifestyle change, rather than a diet. I'm not breaking a sweat doing Wii Fit, and I'm thinking I need to actually hit the gym. The plan is to go when I'm already on campus (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) and possibly the weekends, but this leaves out Monday and Tuesday. I have a couple workout DVDs I own that I could use too.


The problem I have, and have always had, with going to the gym is that I'm paranoid everyone there is secretly judging me. It's a silly thought I know, but I HATE people looking at me when I'm working out. Especially when I'm on the treadmill, sweating like a pig, barely at a jog, when the petite girl or the buff guy next to me is running full speed at a major incline and barely breaking a sweat. Does anyone else get self conscious at the gym, or is it just me?


That's it for now. I'm looking forward to the weigh-in next week because I just feel *healthier*.


-Katelyn


Breakfast:
1 piece Crustless Quiche (152 calories)


Lunch:
1 c. green leaf lettuce (5.4 calories)
1/4 c. chicken (45 calories)
1/4 c. mushrooms (3 calories)
1/4 c. red bell pepper (10 calories)
1/4 c. green bell pepper (7.5 calories)
2 Tbs. raspberry vinaigrette (30 calories)

1 Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt (60 calories)


Afternoon Snack:
1 c. Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt (110 calories)
1/8 c. granola (57.5 calories)


Dinner (TGI Fridays-calorie values are for the half of the meal that I ate)
Skinny Blackberry Margarita (130 calories)
Side salad with italian (240 calories)
Flatbread (190 calories)
Jack Daniel's Chicken (250 calories)
Mashed potatoes (110 calories)
Vegetable medley (80 calories)


Snack: 
2 Thin Mint Cookies (80 calories)


Total calories: 1560.4


Exercise
20 minutes Wii Fit (-138 calories)

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great seeing people at the gym working out, no matter how they look. And you're gonna get sweaty, just carry some body spray or something. No one will judge you! And if you are doing wii fit, don't do wii yoga because the mat you have to sit on makes you sit in an awkward way and it's actually really bad for you.

    I'm going to try going to the gym more often myself, so you're inspiring me to get fit. You keep at it Katelyn! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read recently in the March/April 2011 Weight Watchers Magazine that it's not just about sweating, they recommend that you focus on your heart rate, so I say if your heart rate is in a target range and you are not sweating, you are still getting a work out

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many sources are saying JUST MOVE. Just keep your body moving. Eventually you'll get to a point where you'll feel stronger and can work up a sweat. And as Krista pointed out, focus on your heart rate.

    GOOD JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete