Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 16

"Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-a-alcohol..."

Yesterday was...interesting to say the least. It happened, but it's in the past and I just need to not do it again. First off, eating healthy at a diner is INCREDIBLY difficult. While I did substitute egg-whites for eggs in the omelette, I likely should have passed on the fried potatoes. I can tell you I did feel sick after eating though, which I hope means my body is more adjusted to healthier foods, and that it doesn't care for unhealthy foods.

Which brings me to alcohol. I definitely drank entirely too much last night, contributing to a lot of my calories yesterday. I'm not prone to over-doing it like I did last night. However, I will say I resisted the traditional party fare and when I did snack, it was on bell peppers (I even passed on eating a slice of cake-I opted for having a bite of someone else's slice).

I'm finding it a lot easier to stick with eating healthy when I'm alone rather than out with friends. Being in a party or restaurant setting makes it a lot more difficult. On the flip-side though, several of the people at the party last night are followers of this blog, and helped keep me on track in opting for the veggies to snack on.

Hopefully days like yesterday don't become a regular thing.

Lunch
Lean Cuisine Chicken Margherita (300 calories)

Dinner
2 servings Brown Butter Gnocchi with Spinach and Pine Nuts (578 calories) (recipe)

Evening Snack
1 c. Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt (110 calories)
1/4 granola (116 calories)

Total calories for the day: 1,104

Exercise: Roller Derby Workout 30 minutes (Abs and Cardio)

No comments:

Post a Comment